News & Activities
Perspectives on COVID-19
The novel coronavirus pandemic, known as COVID-19, is having a serious impact on people’s health, livelihoods, economies, and behaviors. This pandemic has shaken us to our very core, and has created a moment to contemplate about the future, including our relationship with nature.
While there is a hope for better tomorrow, we thought of understanding perspectives of people from every walk of life – in relation to the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic, its impacts and future of the human and natural systems.
Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences (KIAS) [PI, Dr. Prakash K Paudel] is leading a collaborative research with researchers around the world. This research aims to assess people’s perspective on the causes of COVID-19, strategies to minimize its impact, and ways to reduce future pandemics.
Since there is no single solution to such problem, we want to hear about your experiences and perspectives on COVID-19, which are crucial to contribute ongoing debate about appropriate mechanisms to avoid such pandemics in the future.
We kindly invite you to participate in this survey. Individuals above 18 years of age across the globe can participate in this survey. Your responses will be coded; therefore, information entered will remain anonymous. Data from this research will be reported only in aggregate in the form of scientific reports (e.g., journal articles, research communication, and policy notes etc.).
Please click on the link below. (OR COPY AND PASTE URL)
- Dr. Prakash Kumar Paudel, Center for Conservation Biology, Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences, Kathmadu, Nepal (Principal Investigator)
- Rabin Bastola, Amrit Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Dr. Jayaraj Vijaya Kumaran, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia
- Dr. Suganthi Appalasamy, Fakulti Sains Bumi, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malasiya
- Prof. Dr. Fikty Aprilinayati , Indonesia
- Dr. Mosharraf Hossain, Institute of Forestry and Environmental Sciences, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Dr. Aniban Ash, The University of Burdwan, West Bangal, India
- Dr. Subodh Adhikari, Department of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Nematology, University of Idaho, USA
- Prof. Dr. Amaël Borzée, Nanjing Forestry University, China
- Dr. Ambarish Pokhrel, Asian Research Center, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Dr. Bhagawati Kunwar, Chubu University, Japan
- Rosan Babu Ojha, Australia
- Deicy Sanchez, Buenaventura mining company, Peru
- Dr. Tulsi Paudel, Lethbridge College, Alberta, Canada